Author Final Paper
Preparation and Submission Instructions
Authors of accepted papers please follow the
steps as follows to prepare
and submit camera-ready papers.
Paper Specification and Format
PAPER DEADLINE: Final paper is due by October 15, 2010.
COPYRIGHT DEADLINE: A signed copyright release form is due by
October 15, 2010.
PDF eXpress Online File Conversion/PDF Validation Tool
As the camera-ready papers will be indexed by IEEE Xplore digital library, the
authors of the papers must meet a minimum standard for both print and electronic
publishing. PDF eXpress™ helps the authors convert their
papers into IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF files (conversion function) or to check
their own PDF files for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF validation function).
Notably, PDF eXpress is NOT a file submission system and does not capture
author's file simply passes through the system returning a PDF file or an error
After using PDF eXpress, you will still need to submit the IEEE Xplore-compatible
PDF file of your final paper later in this publication submission process (see
the submission step).
Please note that
IEEE Xplore is NOT able to include your paper into IEEE Digital Library if your
paper is NOT IEEE Xplore-compatible.
- If you would like to create your own PDF file, please change the setting on
your PDF distiller to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications. Basic PDF
distiller settings MUST be changed to:
- Acrobat 5.0 compatibility,
- ALL graphics at least 300 dpi resolution
(higher if preferred),
- ALL fonts MUST be embedded and subset,
- Postscript settings DO NOT override
- Page size is 612.0 x 792.0 points (8.5" x
- If you would like to submit your source
file to PDF eXpress for conversion and validation, PDF eXpress converts the
following file types to PDF:
- Postscript, Microsoft Word, Freelance, PageMaker, FrameMaker, Word Pro, WordPerfect, QuarkXpress,
and Rich Text Format
PDF eXpress will be available for use after
October 1, 2010.
go to PDF eXpress. (PDF eXpress will open in a new browser window)
- Click button: "First time logging in PDF
eXpress click here"
- Enter Conference ID:
- Enter your email address
- Choose a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted
(You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your
- Upload either your source file or PDF file
for Conversion; and/or PDF Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to obtain an IEEE Xplore-compatible
- The site contains extensive
instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
- Through your PDF eXpress account, you
may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or
submit PDFs for checking.
- If there is a problem with your file,
you will receive an e-mail detailing the problems. Otherwise the
system will e-mail you a copy of your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
Submitting Your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF File
and Copyright Release Form
the paper submission system to upload your IEEE Xplore-compatible
camera-ready paper and submit your copyright release form.
If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact the Publication Chair: Dr.